At St. John’s, our mission is to help children experience the love of God through our own expressions of love. We hope that by giving children our time, our care, our efforts, and our instruction we are modeling for them an idea of what it means to be a Child of God.
Sunday School, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Infants and Toddlers - Are loved and cared for by our weekly volunteers. They experience the presence of God through gentle hands, kind words, and a comforting environment. They meet on the preschool hall in the 2’s room. Children at this age stay in their room for the full morning.
- Preschool/Kindergarten - Children ages 3-Kindergarten make a weekly craft, hear a Bible story, have a snack and play together. They meet in the 3’s room on the downstairs preschool hall. Children at this age stay in their room for the full morning.
- Elementary - Children in 1st-5th grades meet on the second floor. They use the Seasons of the Spirit curriculum resource to learn Bible stories and explore the lives of Bible characters.
- K-2nd Grade - This age is a time to introduce children to worship and worship practices. Children begin a schedule of time in worship and time in worship education classes:
- 1st Sunday - Quiet Worship--children learn practices of silence and meditation by using Godly Play, which is a Montessori-based curriculum resource;
- 2nd Sunday- in worship with families. Participating in worship is a vital part of a child's spiritual formation.
- 3rd Sunday - Worship 101 - children learn about what worship is, why we worship, and how and why we worship the way we do at St. John's;
- 4th Sunday - in worship with families. Participating in worship with the church family is an important part of a child's spiritual formation.
- 3rd-5th Grades –This age group is ready to experience more time in worship with the church family. They join their families for worship every Sunday.
Building relationships is part of the job of the children’s program - one way we do that is by enjoying time together through our regularly scheduled activities and through special opportunities, such as participating in the CROP Walk and other missions opportunities and our annual trip to PassportKids! camp.
Click Here to View Upcoming Events